Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Good Food Store

No matter how much you want to eat local, you still have to have a way to buy local foods.  I would love to drive from farm to farm gathering up all the yummy goodness each place has to offer but that’s just not feasible.  That’s why it’s important that we have stores that strive to sell food that is locally raised.  I’m sure it’s not easy to keep your shelves perpetually stocked, make a profit and sell local when at all possible. So I’ve decided to start profiling some of those stores that I’d like to say a big “Thank You!” to for helping us, the eaters, support local farmers.  I’d always love to hear from anyone that has a store they’d like to add to the list.

The Good Food Store –  Missoula
 If you’ve read even a few posts of my blog, you’ve heard me reference the GFS many times.  You can find me strolling its aisles several times a week. Some people go window shopping in the mall, I go shelf shopping in the GFS.  Here the local foodie can find melons from Dixon, tomatoes from Kalispell, flour from Three Forks, beef from Missoula, tamales from Manhattan, pasta from Polson, wine from Columbia Falls and hummus from Bozeman.  Local foods are well marked and the employees are knowledge, friendly and always willing to answer any local food related questions you may have (see Nowledge is Power post).  Their local food fair held every year in the fall is a “can’t miss” event highlighting local farmers and food.

      1600 S 3rd St. W
       541-3663
        www.goodfoodstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment